Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Journey

I am on a journey in my life with my schoolwork, and how it will lead to my future profession. My journey has lasted for the past three years, and is still continuing. It began with my first year at Foothill College, as a middle college student. I spent a year in middle college before graduating early, and this year changed my life. It got me out of the standard college experience, which I felt was suffocating me completely, and into a more mature, college atmosphere. This is the first year where I began to take school seriously, and actually seriously considered going to a four year university. I began to think of my major, and I decided on communications because it had a broad range of fields that I was interested in, especially marketing and public relations. The stage of my journey that I am currently experiencing is the CALL. I have received the CALL in the form of changing my major to business. I decided very recently that I needed to pick a more specific major, and settled on business marketing. However, my CALL has come in many other forms too. It is what made me seriously begin to think about my future. It is what inspired me to really consider different career choices, and to finally make a decision, even though it was a frightening and difficult choice. I am a very indecisive person, and settling on one specific career path has always terrified me, but I finally realized that making this choice is just a part of growing up which we all have to face. I am enormously grateful that I made this decision at Foothill instead of at a four year university, saving myself and my family inordinate amounts of both time and money. Now I just have to wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points for the post (I guess there's no comments, right?). Which is too bad, because this was quite a thoughtful and revealing self-assessment. And congrats on all you have accomplished here. I feel like you're a great cheerleader for the best of Foothill.