Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I think that there are a lot of things that I could do with digital storytelling in my own eportfolio. I would probably make a video about how I have changed over my years at Foothill, and show evidence in the form of samples of writing to depict the specific ways in which I have changed. For instance, one idea for a digital story was to make one about my experience being the Vice President of Activities in student government. I could include projects and papers I've done in leadership class about what I've accomplished, along with fliers for different events. In any digital story that I might do, i would try to incorporate my own personality. I would try to seem natural, along with also hopefully seeming funny and interesting. I would want some of my own goofy personality to show in my digital story. Of course any digital story I do will also have to include reflection. I would reflect not only on events in my life, but on how they have affected me emotionally, and how they have affected my decisions. I would also want to do a digital story talking about my family and how they have affected my life. I would want to speak about the ways that they have pushed/inspired me to change and grow, and what I have gotten out of being a part of their lives. Along with this, I think it would also be interesting to do a digital video about my friends. In the past couple of years I have made the best friends of my life, and they have changed me in more ways than I can imagine. I would probably include pictures of us together over the course of our friendship, along with perhaps pieces of writing about how they have impacted my life. 

I have been at Foothill for three years now, and the experiences that I have had here have changed me so much that I can barely remember the person I was before I came here. I am more confident and self-assured than ever, and no matter what happens later on, I feel that I can make my way through it, and become a better person through all of my experiences. This, more than anything, is what I would want to depict in my digital story. I want to show how I have changed and will continue to change, and how Foothill has helped me to realize who I am.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Glad to hear the college did it's job -- that's what we're here for!