Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Learning Portfolios

Specifically in my ePortfolio, I am going to be concentrating on writing and how my writing has changed throughout my life, along with what has changed it. My audience in this situation will obviously be my teacher and classmates, and perhaps anyone else whose curious enough to read it. My goal will be to show to my audience how my writing has changed over time, and to most of all show who I am. I would like to reveal something important about myself, such as what has motivated me to grow throughout my college experience, and the specific ways in which I have changed in recent years. I will go back and show some pieces from my high school years, including essays and some creative writing, to show how my mind worked at that age. Then I will move on to my more recent college years, and show how my experiences have changed my life. I would like to show how my school work  has changed, and also how I as a person have changed. I am most definitely not the same person I was right out of high school, and I would like that to be shown in my own ePortfolio. I will, of course, have it published online so anyone can make comments about how they feel, and I myself will look at it as a chance to evaluate my own work.  A lot of my writing is in the form of essays about books or poems that I have read, and I hope that my analysis of these reveals something about who I am.  I will write about what I am doing with my life now, and what I hope to do with it in the future. Mostly, I would like to concentrate on what I have learned while being at Foothill, through my classes, my friends, and my extracurricular activities, such as being Vice President of Activities in ASFC, and being involved in Jewish Heritage Month and JIFF(Jews, Israelis, and Friends). I want to write about how I've become more motivated, more passionate, and more myself in my years at Foothill than I ever was before.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Of course I love hearing that you've grown more passionate and motivated while here at Foothill -- and I'd love to hear all about it!